Why do we teach this? Why do we teach it in the way we do?
At Blenheim Park Academy, we aim to develop pupils who are physically active and confident in a broad range of physical activities. The aims of our PE curriculum are to develop pupils who:
- Are able to remain physically active for a sustained period of time and recognise the importance of this in promoting long term health benefits.
- Have a keen interest in PE and are motivated to participate in competitive sport as well as extracurricular activities.
- Have the skills to be resilient.
- Have the skills to work independently and solve problems.
- Lead a healthy lifestyle and understand the range of factors that contribute to this.
- To apply knowledge of movement, rules, strategies, health and participation into a range of situations, games and sports.